Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lose or Win, You'll Never Be Here Again

Immortalizing those moments and chunks of time that sort of define your life isn’t really something you can practice, and also isn't  something I can formulate a lot of opinions about.  What I can do is go through the albums on my computer and choose the ones that make me feel like a punch to the heart because the nostalgia is so damn strong.  Then I guess it’s up to the viewer to decide if it’s actually a good picture or my inability to dissociate from being involved in each of these pictures.  Have at ‘em.



Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.   (The Wonder Years)


Travel friends while we played cards and drank in Australia.  I love candid pics while traveling, since most of the time spent touring with friends isn't spent standing in groups smiling in one directions.
These nights playing cards and drinking, to be followed by days relaxing on the beach were spectacular, if you were wondering.

It helps to be willing to be an ass that insists on really silly poses...  This would be the UWL ski team at a tourny in Michigan.  Funz.

Documenting shenanigans.  It's always a great idea to take pictures at every opportunity and be super annoying, because you'll end up with gems like this.

More candid fun.  My team at a sand soccer tourny in NY.  More funz.  But googly moogly we were terrible.

One of my favorite memories from our trip to NYC...  not out enjoying the beautiful city, but cooking spaghetti at our hostel.  Lovely food, lovely peeps.

Cute kids just take care of the pictures on their own.  Cousins adorable kiddos + ice cream in Florida.

Yay skiing.  I wish I were in Minocqua.  right.  meow.

I also enjoy documenting memories that don't make a lot of sense... like the scene of the crime from a brother not seeing a neon orange fence.

Again, it's so great to be shameless is making people pose...  it's like the Baby-Sitters Club!  Woo!  or...  a group of super amazing volunteers in Tanzania.

I posted a different version of this pic earlier with the sunset on Zanzibar, but I really like this one for several reasons, well, one main reason really.  I'm in it.  Stunning.
Actually, I love being able to tell who is who, and seeing how close we were.  This was my birthday weekend, and is another one of those pics that comes with complete with a bag full of nostalgia. 

From our Kili climb.   I love this pic because scenery wise it's not bad, but I can see my climbing buddies, and I get a sense of what it really felt like to be there.

And when all else fails, what is a better representation of months spent in Scotland than a group of us wearing flags and posing with Henry, the greatest Scottish cook ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment