Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Minus the Ho Ho.

Holiday images have the power to bring back memories of smells, sounds, and fantastical traditions.  Images in your head may be of little dudes tearing open gifts with huge smiles, playing as a family in the snow, candy canes, visiting Santa, and those fun shenanigans.  However, I gotz none of that, suckas.  That’s the fun of holidays in your 20s…  Lost somewhere between being an adorable little girl (I TOTALLY was) and a momz, my pictures don’t quite jive with the traditional visions of holidays.  Oh, and cookies!  I need to make some cookies. Sorry, getting of track.  Anyways, I tossed in some from Thanksgiving and new years to pep up the fun and roll with the holiday theme. But you’ll notice one theme in all the pictures: whenvever possible, turn the GD flash off.  Holidays provide awesome lighting, from pumpkins at Halloween, candles at T-day, and tons of crazy awesome lights at Christmas.  And for the most part, flashes just ruin everything and wash out the color.  So that’s all the advice I’ve got.  That, and if you don’t have a cute family, just borrow someone else’s for the sake of the pictures.

It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more? - Dr. Seuss


Candids are always my faves....  pretty much no matter the season, pics are always better when you catch people by surprise.

Always snag a shot of the food.  The most important part of any get together.  Yum, appetizers..

Or pictures of everyone else doing all the work are pretty cool.  Reminders of how awesomely lazy I am.

purdy lights.

Ok, the occasional random posed shot is pretty great at the holidays when you're making new friends.

The non-classic candid shots are also ones I dig, especially with no flash since the light feels so much warmer.  Like lounging at home with the dogs on a lazy Christmas Eve.


Yeah, I torture my dog just a bit for a cute picture.
worth it.

I habitually take pics of my beverages- and champagne on New Years is the bestest.

Is there anything better than being the DD on New Years?  Yes, and that would be not having to be DD.  BUT, if you turn out to be the responsible sibling, make sure to document everyone else's shenanigans.

frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment