Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I see your true colors. and that's why I love you.

I love tons of contrast and bright colors all over the place, but there are times that monochromatic pics end up looking so much more rad.  Since my favorite subject is people (specifically the short and adorable ones) opportunities to snag these shots are few and far between…  I’ve noticed that within my collection the vast majority are red/orange and blue/green- cozy and warm versus nice and cool.   Aaaahhhhh.



Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. 
Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid.
Jules Feiffer

Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two.
Franz Marc

BLUE/GREY.  so peaceful.  I'd be pretty stoked to be here right now.

RED/ORANGE.  firey warm-ish-ness?  Don't know.  All I remember is getting eaten alive by mosquitos when I was taking this pick.  Damn Wisconsin summers.

SUPER BLUE.  crazy thing is that this was a film pick from Lake Tekapo in NZ, and it was this electric blue without any tweaking on the puter.

WHITE/GREY.  frickin' freezing, Mr. Bigglewsorth.

YELLOW.  makes me feel all warm and safe.  and I really wish I could remember exactly where I was when I took this...  All I know is that it's another film pic, and I was so proud to get it kinda/sorta clear without a tripod.  And my best guess is that this is in Christchurch Cathedral. 
ORANGE/BROWN.  taken from a train on my way back to Chi-town from Sconnie.  It felt warm and homey to me.

BLUE/GREY.  still more freeeeezingness.  the Canadian side of Niagara Falls in February.  brr.

FIRE! FIRE!  you can't go wrong with bonfires.

BROWN/SUPERADORABLE.  ooohhhh Kipa.  So cuddly and cute.

BLACK.  I snagged this at the night market in Zanzibar.  No power on the island meant a night market run by generators.

BLUE/GREEN/PARADISE.  This pic is what got me thinking about the one-color theme idea... It was so blue on Zanzibar that every picture ended up this pretty without trying.

BROWN/JUNGLECAT.  ok, Serengetti cat, I guess.  I wish I was half as badass as this guy.

BLUE/MOREBLUE.  Nmemba Atoll...  it costs dolla dolla bills y'all to even touch the island.

SUPERWHITE.  I just got a kick out of what the flash did to this poor thumbnail sized froggy. 

BLUE/GREY.  barida sana!  brr.

GREEN.  lush rainforest... that I only got to enjoy for a very short time.   but justsopretty.

3 comments: