Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

just can't wait to get on the road again.

I really CAN wait to be on the road again.  The road part anyway.  While traveling is my absolute favorite thing to do, I usually prefer the trips that involve lots of flights, not understanding the local language or customs, and generally spending my time craving diet Mt. Dew.  These pictures are pretty much all taken from the car…  while I was driving.  Which may have not been the safest decision, but resulted in a few random pictures that I couldn’t entirely remember why I had taken, but I remembered thinking while taking them “what a stupid decision.”  And there you have it.

Oh, wait.  I lied.  One of these is from a plane.  It was fun to be a nerdy traveler again. 


Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.  ~Mac McCleary

Oops.  Right off the bat it's my only non-car photo.  But isn't it fun?  No, not really.  sunnnnssseeet.

I took this one on one of my many 12 hour stints driving between Roc and Sconnie...  I don't know if I've ever seen an uglier stretch of road.

This one's already been in a blog...  Chi-town you never fail to add hours on to my trips.

Bed decision to be taking pictures while driving in this pea soup?  You betcha.  

More from outside Chicago.  It would seem I really enjoy shooting on my extended time spent on the road there.

This one was just on my color blog.  From a train in Sconnie...  I like the movement.

I would have liked to actually get out and try for a better pic here- I thought it was another classic Sconnie scene, but I'm not sure I could've figured out the for realz camera skill needed to get the right lighting.

The ice storm this year in Minneapolis.  The SCARIEST drive I've had in awhile...  I'm pretty sure I drove by half of teh 370 accidents that night.  Obviously I didn't take a picture of them, because that's just twisted.  and I was trying not to go off of the road.

This was from safari in Tanz.  not the best picture, but the only one I remember taking from a moving vehicle while in Africa, and I wanted to mention my trip on this blog.  Africa!  Woo!

Minocqua.  I'm getting a little bit teared up right now...  Can I go back now?

No comments:

Post a Comment