Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

 In silence and movement you can show the reflection of people.
Marcel Marceau

Another style I strive for in pictures is movement.  I describe frequently how much I don’t really like posed group shots (yet still take them often,) and how much cooler I think candid action shots are.  I think some of my favorite photos by superamazinglytalented artists are ones in magazines that manage in one small square to sum up a person’s life or a small chunk of the world.  I’d love one day to have that ability, and try to take shots with that same feeling in everyday situations.  I try to keep the flash off and will rarely forewarn the subject, which can sometimes turn out pretty cool, or on occasion, can embarrass the hell out of people J

Nothing is more revealing than movement.
Martha Graham

I had so much trouble getting a picture during this performance...  I don't know enough about my camera to be able to glide from situation to situation, so I played around with settings and timings and ended up with quite a few crappy pics.  But in the end, I really liked how this one turned out.

I would have really liked if at least one part of this picture had been in focus, but it seems like a pretty good representation of a Wednesday wings night in Wisconsin.  EEEAAATTTT.

Coming into shore from a slalom pyro.  I don't know if I like this pic for the pic, or the memories of show skiing and the feeling of success when you make it back into shore.

Take pictures on the dance floor, and sometimes you end up with some gems.  Or in this case you end up with one as off as this one.

bar lighting.  I just love it.


My friend took this when I was visiting La Crosse one weekend during a flood.  We donned garbage bags to move cars out of the rising water...  then on higher ground (the Chileda play yard) had a little fun sliding in the mud.


Kids dancing.  Always makes me smile.

At the dance studio in Bagamoyo, TZ.  These guys were so patient trying to teach me to dance...  but it was always much more fun to just sit and watch them be superawesome.

Performance on Zanzibar.  I like how it looks like the dude has two faces.  And it's a good thing I didn't wear my flaming viking horns hat that day too.

nose grab!

Zawose tribe.

Cave man drinking style.  This gives me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment