Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

would you like fries with that?

 Hey yogurt, if you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera?

Why take pictures of food and bevies?  I don’t know… maybe to hone your skills so you can one-day work for food and wine magazine?  Personally I do it because those pictures carry with them all of the other sensory aspects of memories.  And also because I get bored easily and take pictures of some really random stuff.  But whatever your reason, it’s always a good time to have pictures of really tasty stuff to fling around in front of others to make them as jealous as possible.  Or you can insert something deeper and more introspective there, I don’t really care.

Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy.



Oh man, the Taste of Chicago...  These chocolate covered strawberries were the most incredible tasting thing in the world.  Although I'd just finished eating some goat, so maybe the incredible factor was partially due to comparison.


I like to make sure to capture others enjoyment of food and bevies.  Especially when it involves taking too long to finish an Irish (Texas) car bomb.  Yuck.

Garbage plates.  Oh Roc, how I miss you.
And if you ever wondered, if you eat one of these after drinking a lot, it super duper helps with the hangover.  Not so helpful for your heart though.

The green bevie meant a lot to some friends of mine...  The Toad Bite is superawesome.  As was our beer tasting platter from beers of the world.

NYC may have countless amazing restaurants, but there's not much better than making your own spaghetti with two of your favorite peeps.  And being so hungry that you can't wait until everything is cooked....

Any time that you're able to put together and follow through with a picnic requires documentation.  It's so damn pretty, and there's food, and I'm getting a little nostalgic here just typing.

This one's been here before.  New Years Eve.  Champagne.  Love.

It's strange how delicious food can be when you've been drinking - However, even as DD this food was amazing.   I love northern Wisconsin.

Chai time!!  Some kind of super watered down oatmeal, but my kiddos loved it.  

At some point Tusker should start paying me for all the free promotion I've been giving them.  But there's something to be said about the oversized bottles African beer came in...

It's also fun to document new friends that you met through food and bevie consumption...
Gyros and some god-awful shots.

I like to make sure my drinks are as festive as I'm feeling.
Happy birthday USA!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Alexi- I awarded you a "Merry Meri." The only way to really describe that is to read my post today haha.
    Cheers!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog, love the pictures. You do a great job really capturing the moment! I stopped over from Meri's blog and glad I did. Have a great Monday! I am sure I will be back by here soon :)
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete