Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Enhance... Enhance... Enhance

What garlic is to salad, insanity is to art.


I was initially hesitant when photography became digital, and editing which used to involve skill in the darkroom was now possible with just a few clicks on the puter…  And then some.  Now it seems, anyone with a camera can throw their stuff into a program online, turn it black and white, hit “auto correct” and post it to some social media site pretending it’s groundbreaking art.  And in no way am I exempt from this observation, as I am as guilty as the next person as relying on my computer to fix up mediocre pictures.  Although this collection isn’t for the pictures that I spruced up a bit, but for those which I went all out bat-crazy and turned them into bad greeting cards.  Not at all ashamed.  I love bad art...  If you couldn't tell from my many other posts.  

I love this quote...  but it seems a bit random floating around there in the sky.

Got the light.
Just not the existence of being.


I prefer this picture far more without the color editing and the quote tossed over the top.  It was a reminder to myself of how there's beauty in random places- but editing the crap out of something pretty because it's simple kind of ruins the point, yeah?

So dramatical.

I do kind of like the over-editing on this one :)

I'm so awesome.

Greeting card much?

This was at the Eastman House in Rochester (as in Eastman Kodak) a camera nerds happy place.

yes, yes it does.

1 comment:

  1. I love photo editing. I'm sorry I'm not sorry. :) :) It's so fun. Of course I appreciate a naked amazing shot that hasn't been edited at all but I adore the creativity that comes over me when I start playing around with the digital editing programs.

    ReplyDelete