Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

fluffy wuffy cloudage

Can’t say I’m much for practicing safe photography.  Mostly because I have the unfortunate habit of taking pictures while I drive- which if I were to observe anyone else doing, I would likely think to myself, “self: that person is a douche-bag.  What a terrible decision.  No picture is worth driving like a dumb ass.”   However, that’s not really what this post is about.  I’ve already put together a whole collection of my bad decisions.


Post-Storm skies


Yesterday while driving after the storms, I had to spend time stuck in traffic while there was this funky coolness going on in the sky around me.  And since popping off to the side of the road to snap a few shots wasn’t really an option, I just behaved like a tool and snapped while driving. 

I guess it’s not too bad of a shot for a crappy cell phone pic…  but it was way cooler in person.  The shot reminded me of some other pics of the random impressiveness tossed out by the erf, so I threw ‘em together as a little homage to the occasional lucky catch.

Boom.


Pre-Storm skies in Sconnie.  It was actually pretty dark, but I put it on some random-long exposure, and this is what I got.

Storms in Africa?  No, just some nifty cloudage.
But now I could go for some Enya/Kitaro action.

My bro took this one while wine-touring the Finger Lakes in NY.

A sunrise from above?  I'm cool with that.
Not with the no sleep and the elevation sickness, but I guess you can't have everything.
You know, come to think of it...  I've probably already posted about random-lucky-catches-of-how-beautiful-the-world-can-be or some variation on that theme...  which tells me that it's about time to plan another long trip.  


Russia, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment