Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

the foot-beaten path

 "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" 
- Peter Maher


I still have a hard time considering myself a runner...  But I think every time I finish up a route I planned to do, the sense of accomplishment helps me go back out again, despite crappy times or cramping legs.  I've started taking cell pics of the random pretty things I run across on my longer days, which doesn't help too much with my times, but helps me to remember the beauty of the trail.  


"Run lard ass, run!"
Little Pigs Eye Lake.  what a random name.

I love this whole park.  Found it by accident, but that's usually how it works for me.

:)

The lines...  I like to run patterns through the shadows.   Sometimes helps, sometimes makes it worse.
Another route that I found by accident...  Ran this during the summer in the crazy heat wave, and it took a lot of control to not go flying off those people's docks to cool off.

Along the river.  More than anything, I just wanted to take a break.

And my fave part:  the feast following a super long run :)

2 comments:

  1. I like these pictures a lot. And I DEFINITELY think of you as a runner! Well, a sporto for sure, but these days definitely a runner too! Hows the training going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! The training is... well, it's going. Next race is in under a month. Eek! I hope you've been feeling well, or at least a little better every day!

    ReplyDelete