Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

happy thoughts happy thoughts happy thoughts

Being part of a great team...  What's better than that?

 It's something of an inevitability that everyone feels like total crap for no real reason once and awhile.  And as I was sitting around the other night, feeling sorry for myself and making up excuses for the reasons that everyone had it SO much better than me, I decided to take a break from being a total sad sack and made a list of the thoughts that never fail to cheer me up.  If even just for a few seconds, reveling in my favorite memories is a great way to slap the blues around.


So here are a few pictures that sparked some of my favorite memories...  I had to stop and label this album "part one" since so many warm fuzzy moments were attached to pictures, that photos would still be uploading to this post three years from now.  I think everyone has their strange sour-mood fixes, and I'm glad mine involves in soaking up the past and appreciated the awesome friends I've had and the great places I've been, rather than focusing on what I think I'm currently missing.

Grandmas!
Mid-week drinks out with coworkers at awesome hole in the wall bars.


Making sure to let friends know you love them :)

Greasy spoon culture.

Getting to share tiny moments of a strangers happy day.

Pretty things in unexpected places.

Bonfires, and all of the events attached to them.

Silly drinks.

Favorite sites, beautiful summer nights, thousands of memories attached to one place.

Nerding out in public places.

The hint of an upcoming summer.

Interesting new friends and jobs you never knew existed.

Natural family moments.

Getting a real taste of an indescribable place.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos as always, Alexi. I feel like I'm getting a teeny tiny dose of you by looking at them :)
    My favorite is the sunglasses by the water.
    1. because I want those shades
    2. Because there is HOPE of summer, soon. Today is a good example of this.

    ReplyDelete