Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

la chasse au bonheur

"What I know for sure is that you feel real JOY in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth."
Oprah

yup, there it is.  I opened with a quote from The Oprah.  This is due to the fact that any quote about joy is so sickeningly sweet, that even I (who absolutely adores that stuff) couldn't handle it.  The idea of joy has been simplified into these really insipid little thoughts that bare little resemblance to how cool the feeling of joy really is.  It's this pure moment of forgetting everything except the feeling of some fantastic light busting out from within.  Or something like that.  I don't really write, I just steal thoughts from other people and muck them together with some of my fave pics.

So I tossed a few pictures that to me somewhat expressed that feeling... although it was difficult to avoid yet another collection of just cute kid pics, because it would seem that most adults have forgotten how to just let loose and just feel happy, even for long enough to snap a picture. 
I guess swimming in your dress is what brings joy to some.  especially if they've been drinking in the sun all day :)

It was the friendship or the fact that we were all tooling around in Australia...  both bring muchas muchas joy.

Kids bring more joy and spread more joy than anyone else.  Just looking at these little dudes gives me the grins.

ha!  mud pile during shot put season.  I don't know if that's joy or just plain crazy, but either way... good times.

My friend Rekha snapped this pic.  She was great with capturing kiddos at just the right moment...  I just preferred to toss them around a bit.

Ah!  Feet!  So awesome!  They're like hands for my legs!

Smilessss.

That would be joy brought on by my sweet yellow shades.

Pauly was just a joy spreader.

No comments:

Post a Comment