Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

splish. splash.

Do I really have this many pictures of random docks?  I actually had to thin the collection a bit.  It would seem that I am unable to pass by a beautiful lake scene without taking a picture so that I may later dream of sitting on the dock, dangling my legs in the water and enjoying a peaceful summer day.  I don’t really think there is any better place to be in the world…

To the right is the greatest dock in the world- and that's an un-arguable fact.  The little dots of water are from playing fetch with one of the dogs at the cabin.  I really really miss it up there.

“I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore…

I hear it in the deep heart’s core.”
-William Butler Yeats





Minocqua, WI...  Home of more ideal spots for dock lounging than anywhere else in the world.  It's science.

In Akaroa Harbor in New Zealand.  There were multiple docks like this, just meandering down into the water.

I think this was at Lake Seneca in NY.  freeezing cold water, but a very very pretty area.

Who doesn't enjoy a nice rainbow after a ski show?  And that there, my friends, is on of my other most favorite docks in existence.

4th of July at Duck Lake in NY :)

Another shot from the world's greatest dock.  Just an amazing number of summer memories attached to this location..

Our new dock.
I think it'll do the trick :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Alexi! It's only okay because you posted this in summer, though- if you did this in December I'd hunt you down for sport and KILL YOU!
    just kidding.

    ReplyDelete