Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

doesn't pollution make 'em even better?

In a parking lot at some mall in NY.  A pretty nice sight after
not finding anything that fit in the stupid store.
"Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset?  And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet.  And also, you're drunk."
-Jack Handey


There really isn’t a more generic subject for pictures than sunsets, but I don’t really think a picture has to be the most original shot ever taken to be something enjoyable...  Which if you look at a lot of my pictures, you’ll notice originality isn’t really something I’m dripping with…  However, the sun sure makes for some real purdy colors.  And on the occasions, I’m lucky enough to actually have my camera with me when the world graces me with something prettier than I can create on my own, I let it’s gaudiness take the show.

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
-Rabindranath Tagore

You can't do better than a sunset over a lake.  Ever.  Which is one of my favorite things to photograph, since summer life used to revolve around sunsets and beautiful lakes.  Oh, Minocqua, I miss you. 
While driving into Chicago...  I'm pretty sure it was Chicago?...  At any rate, I need to stop taking pictures while driving.


Madison area, at the end of a 12 hour drive.  Surprised myself by having the energy to pull over and take a quick shot.
Do sunsets still work in sepia tone?  I can't detach from how fun it was to row around on a beautiful summer night, so I think I'm a bit biased about the picture.
On a wine tour somewhere in NY.   Still wishing I was rich enough to get a home somewhere around the finger lakes.
SMOOOKE ON THE WAAAATER.  scratch that, I mean sun on the water.
Celebrations during a Bills game in Buffalo.
I think bare trees are amazing.
Right after we got off a ferry to Zanzibar.  I didn't think I could love Tanzania any more, and then walked by this. 
Again on Zanzibar.  Beautiful Kendwa beach, and my beautiful friends.
I used this pic on my first post.  Still one of my favorites :)
Oh, Look!  Zanzibar again.  This was coming in from a dhow ride, and the weather, sun, and water were beyond amazing.  The picture actually doesn't quite do the memory justice.
Sunrise!  Occasionally I'm awake for these.  In this case, I'd been awake since 10pm.  This was at Stella's Point on summit day on Kili...  something I have quite a few pictures of so far on this blog.  It was so damn pretty there.
Sunrise number two.  The first full day of descent on Kili...  and after what was probably the best sleep of my entire life.
I took this with my camera phone on my way to a soccer game (just outside Madison)... the pink sky with the super white clouds was too cool to pass up.
At one of many super swanky hotels we stayed on while on safari.  Life has some super amazing moments.
I always seem to see the most incredible sunsets while driving, and often try to snag a shot.  Usually they don't totally work out (and I drive all over the damn place), but I like how this turned out.
The amazing thing is that it was actually night when I took this, but a huge storm was coming in- and I kept the shutter open for awhile, and it turned out looking all Eden-y.  Lucky shot.
Lake Minocqua.  Can't have enough pictures of this lake.  Especially at sunset...  I think there's some kind of beautiful sky/lake monopoly thing going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment