Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just remember: If you don't win, you're outta the family.

Sports!  One of my absolute favorite photography subjects...  Partially because it's entertaining between camera clicks, but more than that- it involves luck, and timing, and reading the athletes.  More than anything, it's a great way to express how beautiful sports are.  Teamwork, drive, athleticism, and above all, there's rarely a better way to candidly express how amazing the human body is.

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.  ~Jack Handey
Does boat racing count as a sport?  No, not really.  And I didn't take this one...  I'm the stripey boozing dork on the left.  Just enjoy.
 I forgot what this thing was called in rugby...  but plan to use the move as often as possible in day to day life...  like work meetings or funerals or whatevz.
 Rarely are there better sports photo opportunities than waterskiing...  especially show teams.  Wowza.

 And then, sometimes there's a crash.  Which can look cooler than successful acts.  
 From the days of film.  When photography actually involved a bit of skill, and not just sifting through 1000 images of the same thing and finding a lucky good 'un.



 At a US women's team game.  I was so unbelievably stoked to be there.

Outside of crashes, my favorite sports moments are fights.  Which is why I need to attend hockey games and ballet recitals more frequently.

 I need to get to more pro football games...  I have no real allegiance to either the Dolphins or the Bills... but seeing as we ended up sitting in the middle of a section of diehard Bills fans...  Go Buffalo!
 Sports photography and beer advertising go together like peas and carrots.

On the Kili climb just before summit.  :)

Lounging as a sport.

Couldn't get enough of the waterski pics?  Good.

1 comment: