Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scratch'n Sniff

Oregon, Wisconsin...  and totally not flowers.
I am following Nature without being able to grasp her, I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
Claude Monet

I really like the above quote… although I’m not a painter, and I’d say it’s a stretch of the truth to say I’m a photographer.  To be honest, I’d say I’m more like an observer of pretty things that occasionally documents the prettiness.  So, flowers it is.  And if you thought it wasn’t possible to get more cliché than sunsets and iconic locations- apparently it is.  Woo!  I do love nature up close and personal.  And I’ve found that tiny little bits of color that we kind of take for granted have had the most incredible impact on my mood when I slow up enough to appreciate ‘em.

Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
Theodore Roethke

Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.
Orison Swett Marden

On the edge of the driveway at my parents place.  Little bits of pretty stuff everywhere :)

Also not flowers.  But another impressive display from the show-off Mother Nature

On the side of the highway in NY.

The thorny un-fun bit of some real purdy flowers.

ferns always make for a good time.

I kind of wanted to climb into this tree and live forever. 
I like how the up close bit puts the rest in perspective and how pretty the whole area was.  Pix never really do reality justice when it comes to naturey shenanz, but sometimes they get close.

One of my few pics on my puter from the days of film.  This was when I was dinking around Kaikoura (NZ) during some cold weather, trying to keep myself occupied.  A random pic that's still one of my favorites.

More classy Sconnie.

In my fam's backyard just before sunset.

I wasn't able to get in the right location to get as close to these flowers as I wanted, but I thought it still helped make the gorge look as big as it really was.


On Zanzibar.  Tropical paradisey fun.

A flower only found on Kilimanjaro.  How cool is that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment