Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'VE BEEN THERE, TOO! WOOO!

Iconic places don’t always lend themselves to the most creative photography, since the urge to snap a single shot and be content to have proof that you were there (and then get the F out of the crowds to go find some ice cream) is sometimes too strong.  It also becomes difficult to navigate the waves of people taking multiple lame pictures of themselves hamming it up for the camera and screaming to each other “OMG I can’t wait to upload this to facebook.  AAAH!” or some other such nonsense, I don’t know, I’m usually the jackass ruining everyone else’s pictures and yelling inane things.  So here’s a sprinkling of a few pics from iconic locations I’ve been lucky enough to see the last couple of years…  Unfortunately I took way too long to jump on the digital bandwagon, and some mediocre shots I have from amazing locations are still on film.  And will stay that way because I’m crap at taking care of negatives.  My bad. 

"When setting out on a photographic holiday, always provide yourself with two cameras, one to leave in the train going and the other to leave in the cab coming back."
W.C.Sellar & R.J.Yeatman



 Chicago.  From my experiences in the windy city, there is nothing to me that represents it better than traffic.  Hours and hours of traffic.

 The slightly more cliche icon from Chi town.  I was probably far more jazzed by the bean that a person really needs to be.  But it was so neat!

 Niagara Falls :)  This picture involved my poor camera getting totally soaked.  I was pretty lucky that it still worked afterwords...

 Okay, a garbage plate isn't a location, but it's pretty representative of Rochester, NY.  and the dinosaur? only iconic of awesomeness.  enjoy.

 Hey look, there's Rexi again!  Just chilling out in the subway, NYC style.

 Niagara Falls again... this time from CANADIA!  woo.

 Classic eastern university...  aaahhh....  purdy.  University of Rochester.

 Wine country in upstate NY.  I spent quite a bit of time touring around here, having a few too many test tastes of the classy bevies, and getting a bit silly.

 Switzerland!  From an airplane...  you get the idea.  Sweetness.  and I happened to be sitting next to a woman from Switzerland who was so proud of the view I thought she was going to start to cry.

 Zanzibar, and the beautiful, yet completely unsafe dhows...  

Summit day on Kilimanjaro...  yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment