Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

shorter = better

for real?  I'm still wondering who taught
this kid to booty dance.  (bagamoyo, tz)
My favorite subject above all others is kiddos.  And already I feel like I sound like some kind of a super creeper (which is partially true, just not that way).  But unfortunately, my absolute fav pictures can’t really be put on a blog (again- not for some super creepy reason!) but because they were from my different work sites, and I’m pretty sure that it violates HIPPA and other such nonsensical shenanigans (and occasional sensical shenanigans too, I guess) to post them.  You’ll just have to take my word for it, that some of them were pretty cool.  I had gone to an in-service while working at a group home in NZ, and a comment by one of the teacher stuck in my brain:  “Often times, many of the residents in group homes can live their whole lives without leaving behind a photo album of any kind.”  I found it massively depressing that there was an entire group of people whose lives were deemed so unimportant that no one really ever took pictures to remember them.  It’s been some years since then, and there’s definitely been a change in most people’s mentality, but at the time it sparked an interest in me to make sure that the kids I worked with in homes, residential settings, and schools always knew that they were so important that someone would want a picture to remember who they were.  But it’s not that I’m cruising around thinking this will save the world - I also just think kids make way cooler photographic subjects because they don’t try so damn hard- and end up looking way less ridiculous than most people.  But for the sake of this blog, I just have a few images from my non-work kiddos…  and wow, there haven’t been all that many. 

And I’m not going to put a quote in this one, because childhood quotes are so damn cheesy…. Screw it, maybe just one:

Women gather together to wear silly hats, eat dainty food, and forget how unresponsive their husbands are.  Men gather to talk sports, eat heavy food, and forget how demanding their wives are.  Only where children gather is there any real chance of fun.  ~Mignon McLaughlin



I think col huge cameras make kids look all big eyed and full of awe.  supercute.


This is one of my fav kiddo pics...  not the most artistic and whatevz, but he looks so happy :)

Singing to the shower thingy?

It'll be awhile before I get any closer to a baby to take their pic.  They scare the CRAP out of me!  I'm convinced I'll somehow trip and land on the baby and skoosh 'em.
But I love that Sweet Dee is rocking the sprinkler already.


I'm Dutch!  He was such an oddball kid.  Like every kid.

The baby's name is Barrack Obama.  For realz.

This little dude joined us on our way to a tutoring session, and just hopped on in to the classroom like he belonged there...  even though it was for secondary school kids.


How the hell do people take good class pictures?!?



Maybe baby pictures are okay as long as someone's holding them and there's no chance of my klutziness resulting in squashed little dude.

I miss my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment