Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

to do.

In an attempt to avoid doing any real work today- which as it turns out, involves a great deal of work hiding my contempt for my current place of employment- I ran across one of those websites where people upload pictures for people to comment on...  like a G rated Imgur, you could say.  On this site one of the links was a bunch of items on someone’s bucket list, ideas listed over stock photos.  Both the ideas and the photos I found (very snarkishly) incredibly lame.  My need to keep moving mixed with my ridiculously competitive nature led me to the idea of creating my own bucket list- using items from a list I've kept up for about 7 years (transferred from a list I began in middle school) of everything I hope to do before I die.  I won't be posting my first photo/list item quite yet- as I'm at work and don't have my camera.  In fact, I don't even know where the House camera is, because damn it, a staff fucking lost it again. But now you've got something to look forward to!  You lucky bastards.  If Being Wowed By a Mediocre Blogger's Bucket List is on your own bucket list, you will soon be able to check the shit out of that item.  And also- if reading profanities is on there as well....  YOU'RE WELCOME.


“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.”












 


Do the things you used to talk about doing but never did.  Know when to let go and when to hold on tight.  Stop rushing.  Don’t be intimidated to say it like it is.  Stop apologizing all the time.  Learn to say no, so your yes has more oomph.  Spend time with the friends who life you up, cut loose the ones who bring you down.  Stop giving your power away.  Be more concerned with being interested than being interesting.  Be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young enough to enjoy it.  Finally, know who you are.

-- Kristin Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment